WHAT WE DO
Boreal Laser develops and manufactures Open Path Laser Gas Detection products for variety of industrial applications:
- Leak Detection – provides immediate and unambiguous detection of fugitive gas releases in industrial safety applications.
- Ambient Monitoring – Continuously monitor gas concentrations accurately and reliably over open area and/or point sources for environmental monitoring applications.
This particular technology is ideal for detecting or monitoring for a number of different Toxic, Combustible, Hazardous, or Greenhouse Gases. The most popular gases include: Hydrogen Sulfide/Sulphide (H2S), Ammonia (NH3), Hydrogen Fluoride (HF), Methane (CH4), Carbon Monoxide (CO), and Carbon Dioxide (CO2).
Boreal Laser products are widely adopted in 47 countries in industrial applications primarily for its large area coverage, fast speed of response, and maintenance friendly operation.
Our products are promoted, quoted, sold, commissioned and supported by Regionally Focused Technical Sales Organizations that specialize often in both Analytical and Detection solutions. Our Distributors can proudly be found here.
TUNABLE DIODE LASER (TDL)
There are a number of Measurement Heads available for use with our line of GasFinder3 Analyzer Products:
- Open Path (OPX) Head: This assembly consists of Open Path (OPX) Measurement Head, Retro-Reflector, and Cable Kit. When the Open Path (OPX) Head Assembly is combined with the GasFinder3-DC, it creates an Open-Path Gas Detector used in Leak Detection or Ambient Monitoring Applications.
- Remote Point (RPX) Probe: This assembly consists of Remote Point (RPX) Probe and Cable Kit. When the Remote Point Probe (RPX) Probe Assembly is combined with the GasFinder3-DC, it creates a traditional point measurement for applications that require fast speed of response or immunity to poisoning/fouling.
- Stack/Duct (SDX) Probe: This assembly consists of Stack/Duct (SDX) Probe, Retro-Flange, and Cable Kit. When the Stack/Duct (SDX) Probe Assembly is combined with the GasFinder3-DC, it creates a direct measurement within a stack or duct for quantitative or feedback control applications.
Boreal Laser’s GasFinder stationary product line can be used for the immediate and unambiguous detection of leaks/releases of combustible, toxic, or hazardous gas(es) that result in the early warning or executive action for the protection of operational personnel and assets.
For Area Sources, the Boreal Laser GasFinder product line is used to measure and/or monitor gas concentration excursions above atmospheric levels (typically with open path measurements) and can be used in conjunction with meteorological instrumentation and various dispersion models to generate either a plume model, mass flux, mass flow rate, or an estimated emission rate for community monitoring, academic/research purposes, or regulatory reporting requirements. The gases that can be measured and monitored can include but are not limited to: greenhouse gases, hazardous air pollutants, and criteria pollutants.
For Point Sources, the Boreal Laser GasFinder product line is used to monitor gas concentrations or identify relative changes in the active measurement path. This can be used for process control or regulatory reporting purposes.
The use of Boreal Laser’s GasFinder product line for the monitoring of background concentrations and the detection of discrete leaks on mobile platforms. These include but are not limited to: manned aircraft (rotary & fixed wing), vehicles (on & off road), & watercraft.